Personal Advisor – Darlington – Leaving Care
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Personal Advisor to join our clients Leaving Care Service in Darlington. As a successful Personal Advisor, you will support care leavers in all areas of their pathway plans.
Your benefits as a Personal Advisor:
- Competitive pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Career development opportunities
- Manageable caseloads
What will you be doing as a Personal Advisor in Darlington?
- You will assess the needs of looked after young people preparing for adulthood and independence
- You will assist, support, and befriend Young People in order to prepare them for transitions into adulthood and independence
- You will coordinate and monitor Pathway Plans for all allocated young people.
- You will participate in the provision of a direct work service to young people including group work programmes in their transition to adulthood and independence from local authority care, and to work with 16- and 17-year-olds if estranged from their family
- You will work alongside Social Workers in supporting children in care for independence
- You will be responsible for developing close and effective working relationships with key agencies and partners to facilitate a coordinated multi agency response to the identified needs of care leavers
Essential requirements of this Personal Advisor role:
- A sound understanding of the principles of the Children Act 1989 relating to 16- to 21-year-olds and the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
- An understanding of safeguarding children and young people
- Relevant experience working in Schools, Youth Centres, Community Centres, Connections or other Local Authority experiences with children and families
- Knowledge of the current issues relating to socially excluded young people
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role