Personal Advisor – Hillingdon – Young People, Care Leavers 18+
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a Personal Advisor to join a Young People, Care Leavers 18+ Team in Croydon, London.
As a successful Personal Advisor, you will hold an allocated caseload and be responsible for the provision of direct services and support to young people leaving care to achieve their full potential.
You will be responsible for delivering high quality practice to improve outcomes for young people 18+ care leavers, and ensure a multiagency approach to supporting vulnerable young people by working to national legislation, policy and guidance, and team/service plan objectives and standards.
Your benefits as a Personal Advisor:
- Excellent pay rate
- Supportive team and management
- Great training and development opportunities
- Great location
What will you be doing as a Personal Advisor in Hillingdon?
- You will assess the needs of looked after young people preparing for adulthood and independence
- You will assist, support, and befriend Young People in order to prepare them for transitions into adulthood and independence
- You will coordinate and monitor Pathway Plans for all allocated young people.
- You will participate in the provision of a direct work service to young people including group work programmes in their transition to adulthood and independence from local authority care, and to work with 16- and 17-year-olds if estranged from their family
- You will work alongside Social Workers in supporting children in care for independence
- You will be responsible for developing close and effective working relationships with key agencies and partners to facilitate a coordinated multi agency response to the identified needs of care leavers
Essential requirements of this Personal Advisor role:
- A sound understanding of the principles of the Children Act 1989 relating to 16- to 21-year-olds and the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
- An understanding of safeguarding children and young people
- Relevant experience working in Schools, Youth Centres, Community Centres, Connections or other Local Authority experiences with children and families
- Knowledge of the current issues relating to socially excluded young people
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role