Personal Advisor – Merton – 14+ Team
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a Personal Advisor to join the 14+ Team in Merton, London.
As a Personal Advisor, you will provide practical help and direct support to young people and young adults using the service from age 16 and are in care or have recently left care (up to the age of 25) or who are unaccompanied asylum-seeking children, to become independent and inspire them to set ambitious goals for themselves.
Your benefits as a Personal Advisor:
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team and management
- Manageable caseloads
- Relevant training and development opportunities
What will you be doing as a Personal Advisor in Merton?
- You will manage a caseload involving the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of appropriate action, to ensure that the right resources are deployed to safeguard and promote the welfare of care
- You will use agreed assessment frameworks in collaboration with the individual to robustly assess their needs and to develop corresponding tailored intervention Pathway Plans, setting out clear goals
- You will implement the plans and provide assistance and support to young people to help them achieve their aims, using appropriate interventions and casework methods
- You will review the Pathway Plans at no less than six monthly intervals, in partnership with the individual
Essential requirements of this Personal Advisor role:
- A sound understanding of the principles of the Children Act 1989 relating to 16- to 21-years-old and the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000
- An understanding of safeguarding children and young people
- Relevant experience working in Schools, Youth Centres, Community Centres, Connections or other Local Authority experiences with children and families
- Knowledge of the current issues relating to socially excluded young people
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role