Practice Manager – Tameside – Cared for Children (LAC)
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a Practice Manager (social work qualified) to join the Cared for Children (LAC) Team in Tameside.
The Cared for Children service consists of 3 individual teams (pods) which work together as an overall service. Discharge from care team is also part of this service. As a successful Practice Manager, you will be part of one of the teams consisting of 6 social workers and 1 Team Manager.
The service holds cases from 0-16 years old of all children who are subject to a care order and we are responsible for the care planning and permanence planning for these young people. Tameside work closely with their co-located safeguarding team & fostering service and have strong links with the leaving care service to whom cases are transferred when young people are 16 years old.
Benefits as a Practice Manager:
- Excellent opportunity to get into management
- Tameside offer a hybrid working model
- Free parking at the Denton Centre
- Guaranteed 2-week induction period when you start employment
- Access to ongoing training and developmental opportunities
- Chance to supervise and support staff
What will you be doing as a Practice Manager?
- You will have a small caseload of complex cases (maximum 10)
- Supervisory responsibility for one of the social workers.
- Supporting the team manager with case oversight, direction, and guidance.
- You will offer group supervision and assist in the authorisation of key documents completed by the social workers.
- Your team will be on a 3 weekly office duty rota
- Signs of Safety is their practice model, and you will be involved in embedding this within the service.
- Coaching and mentoring social workers on the team and be a good support to the team manager
Essential requirements of this Practice Manager role:
- Qualified Social Worker, with post qualified experience in Children’s Services
- Social Work England Registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.