Probation Service officer – Isle of Man – Probation Officer Team
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an Experienced Probation Service officer to join our client’s team in Isle of Man.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a probation service officer who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits Probation Service officer role:
- Hybrid working available
- Manageable caseloads
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Probation Service officer:
- To deliver community-based interventions that are targeted and effective, which are informed by the risk assessments
- To actively promote integrity, respect and anti-discriminatory behaviour to support community safety
- Her Majesty’s Inspectorate is an independent Inspectorate, funded by the Ministry of Justice and reports directly to the Secretary of State.
- The role of Her Majesty’s Inspectorate is to report to the Secretary of State on the effectiveness of work being carried out throughout all of the public Services in England and Wales. This assessment is in place to ensure that the work being carried out is to a high standard across the board, and that guidelines are being adhered to.
- Due to the Island being an independent jurisdiction Her Majesty’s Inspectors are invited to inspect the Island’s Prison and Probation Service and recommendations made thereafter although not having to be adhered to, as is the case in England and Wales, are nearly always endorsed by the Department of Home Affairs and acted upon.
The Prison and Probation Service are inspected independently from each other. Her Majesty’s Inspectorate (HMI) is an independent Inspectorate, funded by the Ministry of Justice and reports directly to the Secretary of State.
Essential requirements of this Probation Service officer role:
To provide structured supervision and enforcement of court orders and post custodial licences
To deliver community-based interventions that are targeted and effective, which are informed by the risk assessments.
To actively promote integrity, respect, and anti-discriminatory behaviour to support community safety also be required to have the legal right to work in the UK.
Why work with Liquid?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*