Qualified Social Worker – Adults Mental Health – Reading
Liquid Personnel are looking for a qualified and experienced Social Worker for join the Mental Health Social Care Team.
The Mental Health Social Care team has worked in partnership with Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BHFT) to develop the Reading ward liaison team.
This small team works jointly with NHS colleagues to facilitate the timely and safe discharges for Reading residents from Prospect Park MH Hospital and other acute psychiatric hospitals.
Benefits of the role:
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Competitive payrate
- Supportive team
Your responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- To manage a caseload of service users who require an assessment of need and support to maintain their health, wellbeing and independence working with strength based/outcome focused principles, meeting the needs of a diverse community.
- To help residents build resilience and achieve outcomes that are important to the person by ensuring that they receive accurate information and advice and signposting to local preventative services.
- To undertake assessments, in a timely way, of individuals with care and support needs in line with Care Act 2014; Mental Capacity Act 2005; Mental Capacity (Amendment) Act 2019 and Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007) duties.
- To apply your knowledge of a range of Social Work theories and practice to deliver a strength-based assessments, intervention and services to residents.
- To stay alert to, and investigate harm, neglect and abuse and, where risk has been identified agree plans to address it in accordance with safeguarding best practice.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK license
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why work with Liquid?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*
To apply for this role please call Kay call on 0161 518 4073
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.