Registered Home Manager – Ipswich – Residential Care Home
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Registered Home Manager to join a busy Residential Care Home based in Ipswich.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Registered Home manager to oversee a beautiful Residential home within the Suffolk area. The home accommodates people who wish for long term quality care, and provides a comfortable, homely environment; one of love, achievement, and togetherness. You will be working for a highly recommended, national provider of residential care homes, who have been established for over 15 years.
What’s in it for you as a Registered Home Manager?
- Additional bonus relating to performance and profit
- Commuting milage
- Additional training and personalised career progression
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private medical cover
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
Your main responsibilities as a Registered Home Manager
As the Registered Home Manager, you will lead your team, taking accountability for all operational aspects of the home, focusing on areas such as recruitment, retention, budget management and rota planning. You will be responsible for the safety of all, and you’ll motivate your team with ideas that keep the people you support engaged, fulfilled, and happy. You will develop and maintain customer relationships promoting the residential home to maximise business opportunities, you will develop and enhance individual and team performance and to optimise service delivery. You will be managing the budget effectively and in line with company financial policies and you will be responsible for taking the lead and supporting with all regulatory inspections, ensuring actions are met prior to, and following, inspections.
What we are looking for in a Registered Home Manager
- You will hold a Level 5 in Leadership and Management (Health and Social Care)
- Previous experience of management experience within a service provision in the homecare sector
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- The ability to recognise and develop additional opportunities for the service
- The ability to grow and develop a service and ensuring quality is maintained