Registered Manager – Children and Young People – New Home
Job Title: Registered Manager – New children’s home
Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 per annum +bonus
About the role:
Liquid personnel have an exciting opportunity for a Children’s Home Manager to open and develop a three bedded home for children and young people within the Lichfield area. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager wanting to utilise their experience and knowledge to shape the future of this home. You will be joining this provider at a very exciting time of growth. They endeavour to create a home environment that exceeds the needs of the children and young people, enabling them to express their characters, feel safe, and enrich their lives.
As the Home Manager you will:
- Oversee the daily operations of the children’s home, including the management of staff, budget, and resources.
- Proactively lead the staff team, consistently in conjunction with the deputy with the aim of creating and delivering a safe warm environment in which children and young people can achieve positive outcomes.
- Providing leadership and guidance to staff, including regular performance reviews.
- Working collaboratively with external agencies, including social workers, healthcare providers, and education professionals, to ensure that each child receives the highest quality care and support.
- Ensure that the home is a safe and welcoming environment for the young people, and that their needs and preferences are respected and prioritised.
- Maintain accurate records and reports, and ensure that all administrative tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will:
- Knowledge of the Children Act & Children’s Homes Regulations
- Be an effective leader and able to mentor and support your team to provide the best possible care for each child.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a minimum NVQ level 3 in residential childcare and/or be working towards Level 5 in leadership and management (Residential Childcare)
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
This is a full-time position with a salary of between £40,000 – £55,000 + bonus, a company pension, annual leave and additional staff discounts.
For more information, please contact Brooklea at Liquid Personnel.