Registered Manager – New Children’s Residential Home
Job Title: Registered Manager – New children’s home
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
About the role:
Liquid personnel have an exciting opportunity for a Children’s Home Manager to open and develop a three bedded home for children and young people. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Children’s Manager wanting to utilise their experience and knowledge to shape the future of this home. You will be working for one of the largest providers of children’s services and 100% of inspected services have been rated as Good or Outstanding by Ofsted.
As the Home Manager you will:
- Oversee the daily operations of the children’s home, including the management of staff, budget, and resources
- Proactively lead the staff team, consistently in conjunction with the deputy with the aim of creating and delivering a safe warm environment in which children and young people can achieve positive outcomes.
- Providing leadership and guidance to staff, including regular performance reviews
- Working collaboratively with external agencies, including social workers, healthcare providers, and education professionals, to ensure that each child receives the highest quality care and support
- Ensure that the home is a safe and welcoming environment for the young people, and that their needs and preferences are respected and prioritised
- Maintain accurate records and reports, and ensure that all administrative tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
The successful candidate will:
- Be an effective leader and able to mentor and support your team to provide the best possible care for each child.
- You will also need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a good understanding of the SCCIF, Children’s Act 1989, and Care Standards Act 2000.
- Have a minimum NVQ level 3 in Caring for Children and Young People and will be able to demonstrate practical leadership in childcare.
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
This is a full-time position with a salary banding of between £40,000 – £50,000 per annum, fuel allowance, company pension and additional staff discounts.
For more information, please contact Brooklea at Liquid Personnel.