Residential Care Officer – Newcastle – Children
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Residential Child Care Officer to join the Children’s Team based in Newcastle.
As a successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of a child’s needs and effects of the child’s life experiences and family history on their emotional wellbeing and behaviours.
Your benefits as a Residential Child Care Officer:
- Competitive pay rate
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Manageable caseloads
- Supportive team and management
Your duties as a Residential Child Care Officer:
- Ability to manage physical and verbal aggression using a trauma informed approach.
- Able to maintain connection with a child when in crisis and offer appropriate level of support.
- Have an understanding of Child Abuse /Child protection Issues
- Be able to provide for the physical and emotional wellbeing of the young people
- Be able to demonstrate motivation, enthusiasm and commitment to assist the young people to reach their potential.
- Acknowledge the importance of practicing self-care when working in potentially stressful situations
- Be able to develop creative and effective activity sessions to promote relationship building.
Your requirements as a Residential Child Care Officer:
- Relevant qualification that relates to work with children/young people at Level 3 (or above) in Social Care e.g. childcare, nursing, teaching, youth work
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Previous experience within a Support Worker role
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role