Residential Support Worker – £12.06 – 5 Slots – 6637-1
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Residential Support Worker to join our client based in Twickenham.
The residence provides overnight short breaks for children and young people aged from 5, though more usually from 8 to 18 years. All the children and young people, who use the service have moderate to severe learning difficulties as well as associated physical or medical needs, sensory impairments and some have challenging behaviours.
Your benefits as a Residential Support Worker:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate £12.06 – £18.95 per hour
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Residential Support Worker:
- The desire and passion to safeguard, motivate, and inspire the young people in your care
- Handle challenging behaviour effectively and professionally
- Develop and implement plans for children where appropriate
- Maintain accurate and up to date written records
- Willingness on occasion to work outside or beyond core hours.
- Experience of young people with disabilities or residential care would be an advantage but not an absolute.
Evidence that appropriate training has been provided as follows:
- Health & Safety and Fire training with annual refreshers (not required for those who have a NVQ in Care, level 2 or above)
- Basic Food Hygiene training if the role involves handling food
- Certified Moving and Handling if the roles involves mobility assistance to service users
- Infection control if involved in the direct care of service users
- COSHH for those that are in contact with chemicals or other hazardous substances
- First Aid
- Restrictive handling
Shift patterns vary enormously.
Mid week term time the shifts may be anything from 4 hrs to 10 hours. For example 7am – 11am; 7am-2.30pm; 12.30pm – 9.30pm; 9.30pm – 7.30am
Weekends and holidays are early and late shifts such as 7am- 2.30pm & 2pm – 10pm; as well as the waking nights.
Why work with Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role