Residential Support Worker – Barnet, London – Children’s Home
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Children’s Residential Support Worker to join a brand new, 6-bed therapeutic home in Barnet, London.
The home provides care and support to young people aged between 11-16. They require an individual who has extensive experience and knowledge of working with young people who display challenging/emotional behaviours & difficulties within a children’s home setting.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will benefit from:
- Competitive pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent location
- Thorough induction, and fantastic training opportunities
What will you be doing as a Residential Support Worker?
- You will assist in the provision of a stable and nurturing environment to promote and safeguard the young people’s welfare and promote their health and development
- You will communicate effectively with the young people and ensure that young people are appropriately involved in decisions about their care and living arrangements ensuring that their voices, wishes, and feelings are central to their support plans
- You will set appropriate boundaries and provide the level of supervision necessary to ensure that the young people are protected, and their welfare promoted
- You will take referrals and admit young people to the home, helping them to settle in, and paying attention to their immediate needs.
- You will undertake Key worker responsibilities and tasks with individual young people and their families
Essential requirements of this Residential Support Worker role:
- NVQ Level 3 in CYP or relevant qualification
- Previous experience in residential childcare
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children Act 1989, the revised Children’s Home Regulations 2015, and the Quality Care Standards
- Knowledge and understanding of needs of young people from different cultures, ethnic and religious backgrounds, and those with disabilities
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role