SEN Humanities Teacher – Southeast London
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Sen Humanities Teacher to join our client based in Southeast London.
What’s in it for you as SEN Humanities Teacher?
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities as a SEN Humanities Teacher:
- To manage pupil learning through effective teaching in accordance with the Department’s schemes of work and policies.
- To ensure continuity, progression, and cohesiveness in all teaching
- To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of pupil needs and ensure equal opportunity for all pupils.
- To set and monitor homework regularly (in accordance with the school homework policy) to consolidate and extend learning and to encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning
- To work with SEN staff and support staff (including prior discussion and joint planning) to benefit from their specialist knowledge and to maximise their effectiveness within lessons.
As SEN Humanities Teacher you will contribute towards the implementation of EHCPs as detailed in the current Code of Practice particularly the planning and recording of appropriate actions and outcomes related to set targets. You will also assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.