SEN Service Manager – Children – Wiltshire
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced SEN Service Manager to join a Children’s Service in Wiltshire. The (0-25) Special Educational Needs Service exists to improve outcomes and make a positive difference to the lives of children and young people with SEND, and their families, who require support to be included in their community.
You will be joining a service which provides high quality, coordinated child, young person and family-centred services which respond to needs and adopt a preventative and early help approach.
The SEN service co-ordinates the statutory SEN assessment and placement process and the monitoring and review of over 4000 EHCPs. This represents an increasing number of requests made and EHCPs issued in Wiltshire.
Your benefits as a SEN Service Manager:
- £400 per day
- Supportive team and management
- Thorough induction
What will you be doing as a SEN Service Manager in Wiltshire?
- You will have responsibility for managing a high and growing caseload and the associated resources
- The SEN service is responsible for placements made in the Independent and Non-Maintained Schools Sector and providing additional resources to schools for individual children
- You will work closely with colleagues in commissioning to support an efficient and effective place planning process for learners with EHCPs as well as colleagues and partners across the Wiltshire local area to ensure co-productive working across teams and disciplines
- You will have oversight of SEND provision needs and capacity within the local area. This will be undertaken through the ongoing scrutiny of EHCP data and information relating to SEND place planning, working with relevant officers to support and inform wider place planning activity
- You will develop, lead, and maintain initiatives to ensure the Council meets its educational and statutory responsibilities to children and young people with SEND and their families. This includes the development of policies and practices relevant to the service area and to lead on relevant quality assurance processes and frameworks in the service
- You will write, review, and communicate the team plan for the SEND service and to ensure that the links to other relevant policies are evident, such as the SEND&I Strategy and wider Council priorities
- You will develop and maintain service working relationships with a range of stakeholders. This will include schools and settings and parent carer groups as well as colleagues in other local area services and teams. This will require skills to influence the work of these stakeholders as well as ensuring clear communication is available to these partners in relation to the work of the SEND service
Essential requirements of this SEN Service Manager role:
- QCF level 7 in leadership and management
- You will have a very clear and contemporaneous of SEND legislation and how this is being met
- Degree in a subject relevant to the role or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience
- Relevant professional qualification at a post graduate level
- Programme management qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.