SEN Teaching Assistant – Darwen, Lanacashire
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join our client’s team in Darwen, Lanacashire.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a SEN Teaching Assistant who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of this SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Support our children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this may include supporting with care needs from time to time as well as positive behaviour management adopting a tailored approach to the individual child.
- To establish a warm, caring, and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the school, and to promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Support the class teacher and contribute to providing high quality, challenging, and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, You will be required to support children in their mainstream schools so should have a good understanding of what is behind challenging behaviours and how to plan strategically to support children’s SEMH and/or neuro-diverse needs.
- Experience working with SEN in an employed or voluntary setting
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own absolutely necessary, as you will be required to carpool students to and from school, on a rota basis.
- A recognised qualification at Level 2 or above in Support work for Teaching and Learning in Schools or an equivalent is desirable