SEN Teaching Assistant – Darwen, Lancashire
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join our client’s team in Darwen, Lancashire .
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a SEN Teaching Assistant who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of this SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities.
- Provide meaningful feedback on pupil attainment and progress.
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting pupils’ progress according to the school’s policies in order to monitor and foster pupils’ progress in all areas of learning.
- Support positive behaviour and concentration levels of the children and adapt own behaviour and responses to any change or escalations in behaviour of the children.
- Promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development and British values within the PSHE policy across the whole school.
- Promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being through a whole Day Curriculum.
Like many SEN environments; your duties are likely to vary and therefore candidates will need to be flexible and be able to lend a hand whenever required.
As our new Teaching Assistant, your role is to support our children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this will include safely supporting challenging behaviour with positive behaviour management, adopting a tailored approach to the individual child, and contributing to risk assessments and behaviour support strategies to ensure our children can access education and develop life skills.