SEN Teaching Assistant- Darwen, Lancashire
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join our client based in Lancashire.
- SEMH/SEN Experience
- Experience Handling challenging behaviour
- Previous experience as a teaching assistant in an alternative provision.
Main Responsibilities as a SEND Teaching Assistant:
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities.
- Provide meaningful feedback on pupil attainment and progress.
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing, recording, and reporting pupils’ progress according to the school’s policies in order to monitor and foster pupils’ progress in all areas of learning.
- Support positive behaviour and concentration levels of the children and adapt own behaviour and responses to any change or escalations in behaviour of the children.
Skills and Qualifications:
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Experience working with SEN in an employed or voluntary setting.
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own necessary, as you will be required to carpool students to and from school, on a rota basis.
- A recognised qualification at Level 2 or above in Support work for Teaching and Learning in Schools or an equivalent is desirable.
- GCSE Maths and English Level 2/C or above qualification is essential.
- Protection procedures. Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child
- Knowledge or experience of pupils with SEN or SEMH/ASD