SEN Travel Assessor – Ealing
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced SEN Travel Assessor to join a fantastic team in Ealing.
As a successful SEN Travel Assessor you will be responsible for applications and assessment related to the Home to Place of Learning Travel Assistance Policy from parents / carers. You will have oversight of home to school travel assistance services to pupils with special educational needs and disabilities.
Your benefits as a SEN Travel Assessor:
- Competitive pay rate
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Supportive team and management
- Good location
What will you be doing as a SEN Travel Assessor in Ealing?
- You will be responsible for determining pupils’ eligibility for travel assistance and the appropriate type of assistance, in accordance with the Local Authority’s Home to Place of Learning Travel Assistance Policy
- You will ensure that parents/carers are responded to within the timescales set out in the Policy
- You will be the main point of contact for parents / carers/ schools/ social workers and other stakeholders regarding travel assistance
- You will set up and manage the First Stage Review and Second Stage Appeal processes for parents / carers who do not agree with the LA’s decisions
- You will ensure that the decisions made regarding travel assistance are cost efficient and appropriate to the pupil’s needs
- You will keep up-to-date records at every stage of the assessment process including the reasons for decisions made
Essential requirements of this SEN Travel Assessor role:
- You must have knowledge of current education legislation and the SEN Code of Practice and its impact on service delivery
- You must have knowledge of legislation and initiatives in Children’s Services
- You will have sound knowledge and awareness of SEN and disability conditions and issues and their potential impact on pupils’ mobility and access to education
- You will have the ability to understand, assimilate and analyse reports from a range of professional staff
- You will be educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- You will have experience of working in an administrative and/or an SEN setting
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.