SEND Assessment & Review Officers – Children – Somerset
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a SEND Assessment & Review Officers Inclusion to join our client based in Somerset.
Benefits of the role:
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities as a SEND Assessment & Review Officers:
- Promote professional standards in the service by delivering outcome focussed assessments and contribution to the service and the wider success of the Council and Local Area for Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- Ensure children and young people with SEND receive an Education Health and Care assessment or annual review within statutory timeframes which meets their needs.
- Support the local authority in meeting the requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEND code of Practice 2015.
- Act as a single key point of contact for children, young people, families, education establishments and service users to include ensuring appropriate arrangements of services, advice, support and guidance.
- Work with practitioners and services around the child, young person and their family, contributing to identifying when specialist (Social Workers; Educational Psychologists; Occupational Therapists; Speech & Language Therapists and other professionals) involvement is required, make the appropriate contacts and ensure effective liaison with these practitioners, including person centred planning meetings.
The successful candidate has a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people they are responsible for or meet. Need ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles. Recognised and relevant professional qualifications e.g teaching qualifications, social work, other level 3 qualifications, management qualifications. Evidence of work-related continuing management development. Knowledge of relevant legislation relating to SEND, including but not exhaustive The Equality Act 2010, Children & Families Act 2014, Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2015.Sound understanding and practice of multi disciplinary working.Evidence of skills, knowledge and experience to be able to assess and manage risk for the most vulnerable children
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *