SEND Coordinator – Surrey
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a SEND Coordinator to join our Surrey based SEMH School Team.
Benefits of this SEND Coordinator:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as SEND Coordinator:
- Ensuring that school policies and procedures are in line with the latest governmental SEN policies and regulations
- Making sure that school Teachers have the knowledge and skills to carry out SEN policies and to teach children with special learning requirements to a high standard
- Ensuring that the school is equipped with adequate equipment and facilities for special educational needs, including wheelchair accessibility and audio-visual learning aids
- Preparing and leading SEN training for Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Assessing the specific educational needs of children with learning disabilities and providing recommendations for their support
Like many SEN environments, your duties are likely to vary and therefore candidates will need to be flexible and be able to lend a hand whenever required.
- SENDCO/Access Arrangement Assessor qualifications preferred, or the desire to acquire these.
- GCSE Maths and English Level 2/C (or equivalent) or above qualification is essential.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of pupils with SEN, especially experience of ASC and related behaviours.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge