SEND Keyworker – Merton
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced SEND Keyworker to join our client in Merton, London.
As a successful SEND Keyworker, you will be responsible for a key work caseload of young people in the age range of 14 to 19, with a priority on SEND young people, referred to the project mainly from the secondary schools, SEN team, the MASH team and other agencies and services.
Your benefits as a SEND Keyworker:
- £21.29 per hour
- Supportive team and management
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
What will you be doing as a SEND Keyworker in Merton?
- You will be supporting SEND young people at risk of becoming NEET or NEET back into ETE placements
- You will provide an appropriate case work response to the needs of these young people through the methods of one-to-one work, group work, activity provision, introduction to activities and services, residential and outings, home visits, work with the family or carers and in partnership with other services
- You will receive referrals of young people who meet one or more of the referral criteria for the Team
- You will advocate for young people with disabilities
- You will work closely with YOT, SEND, & LAC teams to support shared cases around SEND young people
Essential requirements of this SEND Keyworker role:
- A good understanding and knowledge of adolescence, young people’s issues and needs
- As good understanding of post 16 options for young people and the current options available for 16- to 19-year-olds who are resident in Merton
- Qualification in youth work or related discipline to a minimum of level 4 or be working towards and a wide range of short courses relevant to the role
- Substantial experience of working intensively with young people in need on a one-to-one basis and with their peers, family and school/college or training provider
- A commitment to equal opportunities and to work in an anti-discriminatory way with young people
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.