SEND Teacher – Darwen, Lancashire
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a SEND Teacher to join our client’s team in Darwen, Lancashire.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a SEND Teacher who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of this SEND Teacher role:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as SEND Teacher:
- To provide high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and sensory experiences to a small classroom of 6 or 7 students with ASD and SEMH, aged 11-16, to enable them to achieve their full potential in all areas of learning.
- Support our children to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential and access a variety of opportunities in a caring and safe environment.
- To plan and deliver lessons following the curriculum that’s tailored to each student and assist with the day to day running of the school.
- Supervise and provide support and guidance to our Teaching Assistants and Higher-Level Teaching Assistants and play a key role in their Professional Development Reviews.
- Take responsibility for implementing school policies and practices, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity and will be expected to work in partnership with all school staff, parents, carers, and other agencies in providing for the academic, spiritual, moral, social, emotional, and cultural well-being of students and their families.
- Like many SEN environments, your duties are likely to vary and therefore candidates will need to be flexible and be able to lend a hand whenever required.
- Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
- Thorough working knowledge of the curriculum, and how to adapt this for pupils with SEN
- Experience of working with young people with ASD and SEMH.