Send Team Leader – Children – Portsmouth
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Send Team Leader to join our client based in Portsmouth.
What’s in it for you as a Send Team Leader?
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities as a Send Team Leader:
- To ensure that all statutory duties of the local authority with regards to the needs assessment and placement of 0- to 25-year-olds with special educational needs and disabilities are carried out to a high standard.
- Support the SEN Service Manager in the development and delivery of authority wide SEND policies.
- Support the SEN Service Manager with the operational function of the SEN Team, including ongoing development, monitoring and review of statutory processes.
- Line Management of SEND Advisers and SEN Caseworkers, ensuring that their work is carried out to a high standard and supporting their professional development.
- Supervise the efficient and effective delivery of a large statutory caseload, within statutory timescales.
What we are looking for in a Send Team Leader:
- Have an appropriate qualification in Education, Social Care, or equivalent or be able to demonstrate significant experience of working with children, young people and families in an education, health or social care environment.
- Have a specific and detailed knowledge and understanding of the role of the local authority in relation to special educational needs and disability, including the current legislation and policies affecting children, young people with SEND and their families e.g. SEN Code of Practice 2014 and Children and Families Act 2014.
- Have a clear understanding of disagreement and resolution including mediations and appeals to the First-tier Tribunal Special Educational Needs and Disability and redress.
- Have an understanding and proven experience of working to the bounds of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with records of children and their families.
- Have a detailed knowledge of safeguarding and a commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of children, young people, staff and the wider community thorough understanding of risk and protective factors associated with poor outcomes for children and young people.
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *