Senior Mental Health Nurse – RMN – PTSD & Trauma
Senior Mental Health Nurse – RMN – PTSD & Trauma – Inpatient Respite Facility – Leatherhead, Surrey – Band 6 – up to £39,417 per annum
Working hours: Days and Nights (on rotation, mostly weekdays)
Are you an experienced Mental Health Nurse, who is looking for a new challenge in an exciting role? If so, please continue reading!
Liquid Personnel is proud to be working exclusively with a leading charity in Veteran’s Mental Health who support our servicemen and women recover from the trauma of combat. While most of their services are community-based, they have a small, 12-bedded inpatient unit in Surrey which accommodates veterans needing extra support.
As a successful Senior Mental Health Nurse, you will be reliable and flexible to work days or nights, with a commitment to high-quality care delivery. You will receive a competitive band 6 salary and will have the opportunity to represent a charity that does amazing work.
As a Senior Mental Health Nurse, you will benefit from:
- Competitive starting salary (Band 6 – up to £39,417 per annum)
- Opportunity to work for a leading charity in veteran’s mental health
- Stakeholder pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- 25 days annual holidays
- Career progression opportunities
- Discounted medical plan
- DBS paid
What will you be doing as a Senior Mental Health Nurse?
- You will undertake assessment of the clinical needs of veterans
- You will work 1-1 with individuals on your caseload.
- Yu will support your therapy, OT, peer support and medical colleagues in the wider MDT.
- You will work collaboratively with the veteran and include family members and significant others in the veteran’s treatment when appropriate.
- You will maintain professional, ethical, and legal standards in carrying out therapeutic interventions.
- You will ensure the safety of the veteran and others is maintained at all times
Requirements of the Senior Mental Health Nurse role include:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse with active NMC PIN (required)
- Experience with PTSD or complex trauma patients (required)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (desired)
- Experience working with veterans (desired)
- Full UK Driver’s License
- Right to work in the UK