Senior Practitioner – Bromley – Child Protection
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Bromley’s Child Protection Teams as a Senior Practitioner.
They are looking for highly talented and ambitious Social Workers who will join them in their collective efforts to re-shape service delivery to children, will manage risk, not just take it, and crucially they will be proud to work for Bromley.
We are confident that with your support, we will continue to provide good social care services to our children in Bromley as set out in our improvement and transformation plan. In return we ask that you bring your passion, dedication, and skills to us.
Benefits as a Senior Practitioner include:
- £2,000 ‘Golden Hello’ and £2,000 annual retention
- Car Lease Scheme
- Generous annual leave & Pension Scheme
- Savings with Childcare
- Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
- Dedicated time for reflective supervision
- Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
- Two-week protected induction programme
- Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
- Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
Your uties as a Senior Practitioner include:
- With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures, and childcare policy.
- Making a comprehensive assessment of need, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the National Assessment Framework.
- Planning, implementing, and terminating interventions.
- Facilitating the provision and co-ordination of appropriate services.
- Making referrals to the Community Mental Health Team where adults have particularly complex or problematic needs and maintaining liaison with psychiatric services to promote timely and effective management of mental health problems.
- Working within the Child Protection guidelines to undertake key worker responsibilities towards children on the child protection register
- Formulating and updating child protection plans, with appropriate guidance from the Group Manager.
Essential requirements as a Senior Practitioner include:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills