Senior Practitioner – Waltham Forest – Child Protection
Our client in North East London is currently looking for a motivated ad experienced Senior Practitioner (social work qualified) to join their Child Protection Team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Social Worker who is looking for the next step in their career, and the opportunity to experience a new and growing environment.
As a Senior Practitioner, you will benefit from:
- Retention bonus of up to £3,000
- Local Government Continuous Service
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers – annual savings of £933 on average
Your role as Senior Practitioner:
- To undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of children and young people.
- Professionally mentor and support other colleagues.
- Plan, deliver and oversee interventions for a complex caseload and where appropriate review cases.
- Liaise internally and externally and work with colleagues from other agencies to ensure children and young people’s interests are supported.
- Ensure operational support and delivery of an Assessment Service for children in need or at risk of protection.
- Work directly with children and young people, the work has significant implications for the well-being of individuals and might involve situations where service users’ personal liberty and or safety is at risk
- Represent the Council at multi-agency meetings.
Essential requirements of this Senior Practitioner role:
- Qualified Social Worker, with post qualified experience in Children’s Services
- Social Work England registration
- Experience working with child protection or relevant experience
- The legal right to work in the UK