Senior SEN Caseworker – Lewisham
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a Senior SEN Caseworker to join a fantastic team in Lewisham.
As a successful Senior SEN Caseworker, you will be responsible for assessing and reviewing the special educational needs of pupils, including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service.
As a Senior SEN Caseworker, you will benefit from:
- £21.52 per hour pay rate
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Supportive team and management
- Manageable caseloads
What will you be doing as a Senior SEN Caseworker?
- You will be responsible for assessing and monitoring the special educational needs of Lewisham pupils.
- You will meet with parents, advocates, and professional agencies at a range of locations to represent the LEA and to negotiate appropriate provision to meet children’s needs
- You will share responsibility for the supervision and development of including the shared supervision and development of staff to understand SEN within the service
- You will brief the SEN assessment manager and panel members on proposed pupil placements, costs, and travel assistance implications
- You will process applications for assisted transport and decide and resolve any issues for pupils with special educational need
- You will issue revised drafts, final or revised final statements of special educational needs/ Education, Health and Care Plans following the decisions of the SEN panel
Essential requirements of this Senior SEN Caseworker role:
- Previous experience as a Senior/SEN Caseworker
- Proven experience of working as a children and family within Education
- Experience of effectively relating to children with special educational needs and disabilities and to further their development
- Experience of undertaking assessments, maintaining records, and producing detailed reports
- Experience of working with other professionals, including schools to meet the needs of children with special educational needs
- Knowledge of Education and SEN law and processes
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.