Senior Social Worker – Hertfordshire – Family Safeguarding Team
Stevenage, Hemel Hempsted or Hertford Area
We are looking for a social worker / senior social worker to work in family safeguarding service in Hertfordshire. The teams aim is to keep families together safely, improve the health and educational achievements of their children and reduce emotional, physical harm and neglect within families.
Benefits as a Family Safeguarding Senior Social Worker:
- Competitive salary up to £44,880 pa depending on experience (includes Market Forces payment of up to £5000)
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
Responsibilities as a Family Safeguarding Senior Social Worker:
- The team work in many different ways, offer advice and support to help parents set their own goals and to work towards achieving those changes that will improve their lives to allow children to grow and develop within their own families.
- Trained in working with and supporting families to understand why social workers are involved and supporting you in making the necessary changes in the various issues families can face such as: domestic violence, substance and alcohol misuse as well as mental health difficulties.
Experience required as a Family Safeguarding Senior Social Worker:
- As a qualified and registered social worker, you will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team.
- You will be focused on helping children and families to change their lives for the better.
- We require candidates who have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings. You will have in depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
- As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
- You will have strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings. In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
Essential requirements of this Senior Social Worker role:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified as a social worker
- Previous senior social work experience
- Registered with Social Work England
- Full UK licence