Senior Social Worker – Lambeth, London – Assessment
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting a Senior Social Worker to join the busy team at a Lambeth based Assessment Team.
The Senior Social Worker will Act the role of the lead professional and be accountable in complex, statutory cases that require a qualified children’s social worker, particularly child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases.
What will it give you as a Senior Social Worker?
- Hybrid options
- Manageable caseload
- Excellent flexible work opportunities
- Excellent salary of £38.50 per hour
Primary Responsibilities as a Senior Social Worker:
- To implement positive change in complex cases in children, families and carers lives by using systemic social work methods, models and tools, with the aims of helping them to be as independent as possible.
- To manage and minimise risks of abuse and neglect as well as meeting care needs while exercising a high quality of professional judgement.
- To lead and oversee professional judgements in the context of the relevant legal and policy frameworks.
- To undertake and advise on high need comprehensive/complex and proportionate assessments of children using the assessment framework, to plan how those needs will be met, to support them with putting those plans in to action, and review those plans and reassess needs.
- Establish and develop collaborative robust working with partner agencies; and promote, model and be accountable for effective inter-agency working arrangements to ensure children are protected from risk of significant harm and their care needs are met.
As the Senior Social Worker you will carry out safeguarding enquiries, support the work of others involved in these enquiries, and support children, families and carers with care and support needs to develop and put in to action plans appropriate to their wishes and circumstances. You will also prepare applications and reports for court and to represent the Council at court in relation to this and make recommendations and judgements to consider legal action, where appropriate.
What we are looking for in a Senior Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK license
- post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
• Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*