Senior Social Worker – Lewisham – Learning Disabilities
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Senior Social Worker to join a busy Learning Disabilities Team based in Lewisham.
The main purpose of this job is to work as a senior social worker with a small complex caseload and supervisory responsibility for a group of staff within a large team managed by the operational manager. Risk management and safeguarding will be key parts of the role ; post holders will be expected to develop expertise in this area and offer advice to others. Post holders will also be expected to promote prevention and personalisation, and adopt a strength based approach in the management of all case work.
What’s in it for you as a Senior Social Worker?
- Up to £38 per hour for the correct candidate
- Excellent team.
- Mostly home working apart from face to face visits
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Social Worker include:
- To work as part of a multi agency team, ensuring integration and seamless delivery of services to service users and their carers.
- Ensure risk management and adult safeguarding is effectively embedded within practice and responded to appropriately.
- In personal professional practice (and that of supervised staff) promote an ethos of helping people help themselves or one another through initiatives to facilitate and support increased individual and community capacity. This includes utilising own resources, promoting social inclusion and community networks, reciprocal support and sustainable caring roles, through taking a strength based approach to assessment.
- Maintain a strong focus on improved outcomes around independence and personalisation, including the promotion of enablement and linking the service user to community based support services that enhance personal wellbeing.
What we are looking for in a Senior Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.