Senior Social Worker/Social Worker – Milton Keynes – 16-25 Team
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced locum to join the 16-25 team, working with Looked After young people and supporting them in the transition to adulthood.
The post holder will work closely with the deputy team manager, team manager and colleagues to provide the leadership, management, support and training necessary to help social workers, social work assistants and social work professionals fulfil their demanding role.
What’s in it for you as a Social Worker?
- Working autonomously
- Manage your hours effectively
- Competitive payrate for the area
- 4 long days accepted
- Hybrid working
Your main responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- To develop and maintain good and helpful working relationships with team members in order to fulfil the role of supervisor, mentor, coach and trainer.
- To work with a range of colleagues from across the Council and partners, and chair as appropriate a range of professionals’ meetings and decision making forums.
- Responsible for bringing expertise and advice, support, and guidance to the children’s social work team. They will manage their own caseload of the more demanding and complex cases and manage and supervise the casework of colleagues providing support, guidance and advice as necessary.
- Contribute and participate in the resolution of complex case management issues in conjunction with their manager in order that timely action can be taken to address risks and meet children’s needs.
- Responsible for the supervision of social workers, social work assistants and child care professionals, their professional development by providing advice, guidance, mentoring. Ensures that training needs are identified and co-ordinated. They will undertake quality audit of cases as requested and will support the induction of new team members.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.