Service Manager – Manchester – Adult Services
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Service Manager to join an Adults Service in Manchester.
As a successful Service Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the relevant teams, ensuring the delivery of a high quality and systematically informed social work service within developing Council practice framework.
Your benefits as a Service Manager:
- High pay rate
- Rare opportunity in the locum market
- Almost entirely remote working
- Six-month contract
What will you be doing as a Service Manager in Manchester?
- You will ensure the delivery of the Care Act 2014 statutory functions, alongside other related legislation such as the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Mental Health Act 1983, and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- You will maintain own continuous professional development and that of the service through appropriate training, learning and research opportunities
- You will build effective strategic partnerships with professional agencies and ensure staff within the service work purposefully with other agencies to promote an effective social work framework
- You will promote and create opportunities to modernise and integrate services to deliver better outcomes and maximise use of resources, in order to enable an integrated approach to service delivery
- You will ensure purposeful outcome-focused work with other agencies, which takes account of the views of other professionals and recognises where patterns of relationships between professionals may compromise the welfare or safety of citizens and families
- You will intervene when necessary to deliver on the statutory responsibilities of the service and when escalation is required
- You will contribute to the design and implementation of service development, considering the views of stakeholders, drawing on practice knowledge and expertise, data, and research findings and by monitoring key performance areas
- You will present complex information both in writing and in person in a range of settings, including with partners, courts and the senior leadership team as requested by the Assistant Director
- You will audit, evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to relevant policies and procedures in line with developing legislation and good practice guidance
- You will ensure a culture of continuous learning is developed and embedded within the department and wider council and partners in relation to best practice
Essential requirements of this Service Manager role:
- Social Work qualification, with valid Social Work England registration
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
- Extensive post qualified experience in Adult Services
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.