Service Manager – Medway – Fostering & Adoption
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Work Service Manager to join the Fostering and Adoption Team based in Medway.
As a Service Manager, you will be responsible for driving the teams ambitious new sufficiency plan in the hopes of extending the sufficiency offer to better provide stability for children in care and enable them to live closer to their families.
What’s in it for you?
- Retention payment of £2,000 per annum, following 2 years’ service.
• Relocation Expenses of up to £8,000
• Essential Car user allowance or Lease Car scheme
• Free parking
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Hybrid working arrangements with accessibility to equipment to work from home
• Up to 30 days annual leave entitlement
• Various staff discounts
Your responsibilities as a Service Manager in Medway:
- Apply critical reflection and analysis to inform and provide a rationale for professional decision-making
- Use judgement and authority to intervene with individuals, families and communities to promote independence, provide support and prevent harm, neglect and abuse (PCF requirement)
- Work to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection and give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information and resources necessary for assessment and care planning activities
- Lead professional in assessing, planning and reviewing assessments and care plans of children subject to statutory intervention
Requirements as a Service Manager:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work