Social Work – Children’s Home Registered Manager – Interim
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Work Registered Manager to work within a Children’s Home based in Bradford.
As a successful candidate, you will take leadership and management responsibility for the development and shaping of dynamic and creative plans for children and young people age in the home, with a complex range of needs due to, but not exclusively early trauma and attachment.
The children and young people you will be working with will often struggle to build relationships and understand their emotions which can result in complex and risk taking behaviour. As a result, children and young people may need additional therapeutic support or specialist input which you will be responsible for identifying within the care planning process to ensure these needs are met.
Benefits as a Children’s Home Registered Manager:
- Competitive pay rate
- Long contracts for good performance
- Supportive team and management
- Flexible working available
Duties as a Children’s Home Registered Manager:
- Manage the home in order to safeguard and promote the well-being of children and young people, taking the role as designated safeguarding lead for the home; and take all reasonable steps and support staff in the home to locate and ensure the safe return of any young people who are missing from the home.
- Ensure the home operates within the Quality Standards and Children’s Homes Regulations (2015), paying attention to detail to ensure the home is judged as ‘good ‘or ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
- Lead the Regulation 44 monitoring visits and regulatory inspections from Ofsted, as well as supporting the staff to contribute to the process.
- Ensure that timely, focussed action plans are developed and implemented to meet any requirements or recommendations following Regulation 44 monitoring visits or Ofsted inspections.
- Complete the Regulation 45 Quality of Care Reviews every 6 months, ensuring that feedback is gained from all stakeholders to Inform and develop the Children’s Home Development Plan.
- Ensure that the home has a staff development and training programme that enables staff to be skilled and knowledgable in order to meet the needs of young people in the home as defined by the Home Statement of Purpose and Function.
- Share knowledge and experience with the team and identify opportunities for the continuing professional development of the staff team.
- Monitor and ensure that all mandatory training is undertaken and kept up-to-date, as well as delivering training when required.
Requirements as a Children’s Home Registered Manager:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.