Social Work Team Manager – Dudley – Children & Families Safeguarding & Support
Liquid Personnel have partnered with Dudley MBC to find an experienced Social Worker who is looking to progress their career to Team Manager.
Dudley are passionate about the wellbeing of their children, young people, and families. Their vision is that Dudley borough is a place where children and young people thrive. Where each child gets a good start in life, where families are supported to be independent, responsible, and successful and where the most vulnerable children are protected. In their recent inspection Ofsted stated that the experiences and progress of children in care and care leavers was “Good”.
They have developed a career pathway for all staff. Their successful programme supports not only newly qualified social workers, but also invests in continuing professional development including through our membership of Research in Practice and our bespoke and enhanced training programme for all.
As a successful Social Work Team Manager, you will benefit from:
- Manageable caseloads
- A comprehensive learning and development package
- High quality professional supervision
- Supportive and collaborative team working
- Excellent progression opportunities
- A significantly streamlined IT system allowing more time away from admin an more time to work with children and their families
What will you be doing as a Social Work Team Manager in Dudley?
- You will lead, manage and be accountable for a team of Assistant Team Managers, Senior Social Workers, Social Workers, and other professionals in the delivery of statutory and legislative duties and requirements.
- Lead the team to safeguard and promote the welfare of vulnerable children and young people in Slough whilst effectively managing risk.
- Ensure the key performance targets as they apply to the team, the service and Slough Children First are met.
- Carry out this role in a collaborative manner that promotes equality of opportunity and joint working with other teams while challenging and supporting them to ensure timely and suitable outcomes for child, young people and their families.
- Take a leading role in promoting, delivering and embracing Slough Children First’s values to your team and peers to help deliver the vision of making children safe, secure and successful.
- Ensure that all multi-disciplinary resources are available to ensure that the quality of practice with children, young people and families is of a consistently high quality, is cost effective and quality service standards are met, taking remedial action where this is not the case.
Essential requirements of this Social Work Team Manager role:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work