Social Work Team Manager – Sandwell – Child Protection & Court
An experienced and dedicated Social Work Team Manager is required to join our clients Child Protection & Court Teams (Locality) in Sandwell.
As an experienced Team Manager working in one of the Child Protection & Court Teams, you will provide the highest level of professional service within a CP & Court Team and be responsible for advice, supervision, decision, support, and delegated functions.
You will support and manage staff who work with children subject of Child Protection Plans or within Court Proceedings.
As a Social Work Team Manager, you will benefit from:
- Balance your life and work with family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Social Work Team Manager:
- Deliver effective management support and individual supervision and guidance to a team of social work staff
- Ensure that the allocation of work within the team meets the need of the children and families within Sandwell and be responsible for the recruitment and appointment of social work and other relevant staff in the service area.
- Support social workers and quality assure their assessments, statements, and the formulation of plans for children, including, where required, those placed before the court
- Monitor and report on the team’s performance, standards, and quality of work to ensure compliance with the Trust’s requirements
- Have a good level of experience of working in a children and families setting.
- Have a good knowledge of minimum standards and be able to achieve our expectation for promoting change in family life.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
Essential requirements as Social Work Team Manager:
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
- A Qualified Social Worker with significant experience in Children’s Services
- Social Work England registered, with the legal right to work in the UK
- Experience of supervising or managing a team
- Substantial experience within the court arena
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care and safeguarding
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.