Social Work Team Manager – Slough – Safeguarding and Family Support
An exciting opportunity has become available within Slough. They are looking for a Team Manager (social work qualified) within the Safeguarding & Support service.
Slough offers all employees flexible working with the Safeguarding & Support service only required to be in the office whilst on duty week.
Benefits of this Social Work Team Manager role:
- Retention reward of £1,000 after 18 months
- Tusker personal car lease scheme
- Employee Engagement Group ensures the voice of our colleagues can be heard
- Employee Assistance Programme ensures you have access to support and advice whenever you need it
- Relocation package if you’re having to move to work in Slough
- Access to the Blue Light Card offering discounts at hundreds of high street and online stores
- Use of pool cars so you can use public transport, cycle, or car share to work and still drive to local appointments.
As a Social Work Team Manager you will:
- Lead, manage and be accountable for a team of Assistant Team Managers, Senior Social Workers, Social Workers and other professionals in the delivery of statutory and legislative duties and requirements.
- Lead the team to safeguard and promote the welfare of vulnerable children and young people in Slough whilst effectively managing risk.
- Ensure the key performance targets as they apply to the team, the service and Slough Children First are met.
- Carry out this role in a collaborative manner that promotes equality of opportunity and joint working with other teams across Slough Children First and partners, while challenging and supporting the team to ensure timely and suitable outcomes for child, young people and their families.
To succeed in this Social Work Team Manager role you will need to have:
- Social Work England registration
- Social Work qualification
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Ability to provide leadership to the team
- Ability to plan and manage own and others workload
- Ability to supervise staff, to assess professional competence and enable further professional development in others
- Ability to competently assess and manage risk appropriately