Social Worker – Assessment Team
Our client in Waltham Forest are looking for an experienced and motivated Children’s Social Worker to join their Referral and Assessment Team in Waltham Forest.
As a successful Social Worker, you will manage a Children & Families caseload involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action. You will ensure that appropriate resources are deployed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and their families.
Benefits you’ll receive as a Social Worker:
- Retention payment up to £3,000
- Local Government Continuous Service
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers – annual savings of £933 on average
What will you be doing as a Social Worker in Waltham Forest?
- As a Social Worker, you will work in partnership with other agencies (health, education, police, voluntary sector etc.) to ensure individuals and families receive a coordinated response and appropriate services in proportion to their assessed need
- You will be expected to employ a variety of evidence-based social work skills and methods in order to achieve specific objectives as agreed with service users and the Team Manager/ Assistant Team Manager
- You will complete high-quality, robust assessments of need, using the Single Assessment Process including the gathering and analysis of information to inform judgements about risk of harm to children and young people
- You will ensure cases are promptly and effectively closed when appropriate to do so, under the direction of management
- You must maintain accurate and up-to-date records ensuring that the Council’s client database is used appropriately and required actions are undertaken within reasonable timescales
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- Registered with Social Work England
- Eligible to work in the UK