Social Worker – Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council – Adult Learning Disabilities/ Autism Team
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Social Worker to join a busy Adult Learning Disabilities/ Autism Team based in Barnsley.
What’s in it for you as a Social Worker?
- Highest pay rate in the area
- 3 days home working
- Supervision available
Your main responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- Adopting a more autonomous role, delivering effective practice in more complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, including safeguarding, providing advice and support to other staff, mentoring newly qualified social workers, within the context of the specialist area, ensuring targets are met within agreed timescales.
- Provide professional advice, guidance and information to a range of internal and external stakeholders as required, including social work students (at levels 1 & 2) and students from other disciplines e.g. nursing, occupational therapists and physiotherapists.
- Participate in the department’s duty arrangements, utilising relevant policies and criteria.
- Undertake clear and detailed service user and carer assessments including community care, continuing health care, mental capacity and safeguarding assessments, in accordance with relevant statutory requirements, identifying risks, needs and options.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.