Social Worker – Children in Care – East Midlands
We are currently looking for a Social Worker to join a Children in Care Team based in the East Midlands.
You will be Working effectively with children, young people & families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes.
This a great opportunity to join a well-established authority in a highly supportive and achieving team.
Your benefits as Social Worker:
- Competitive pay rate
- Long contracts for good performance
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
- Flexible working available
Your main responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- You will write court reports and give evidence in relation to children at risk during legal proceeding
- You will assess, plan, review and provide support to a child, family or carer with complex family or social care needs, taking full account of appropriate legal frameworks, policy, and guidance
- You will be working collaboratively, building effective working relationships with other professionals, internally and externally.
- Carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses to safeguard a child from abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
- You will arrange appropriate alternative care (including, where appropriate a permanent home) in collaboration with children, young people, and their parents/carers where the parents/carers cannot care for them
- You will maintain up to date, accurate and high-quality records of activity on cases.
- Participate in a range of planning and decision-making forums including case discussions, Strategy Meetings, Legal Planning meetings, Child Protection Conferences, Statutory Reviews
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.