Social Worker – East Midlands – Transitions Team
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Transitions Team based in the East Midlands.
The Transitions Team support young people from the age of 14 years to 25 years so job duties will include completing Care Act Assessments in preparation for the young person turning 18 years old and transitioning to Adult Social Care.
The successful candidate will join a friendly, supportive and dynamic team whilst working closely with young people and their families as well as a number of professionals including education, health, children services and supported employment services amongst others.
What’s in it for you as a Transitions Social Worker?
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
Duties as a Transitions Social Worker include:
- Follow the care management process of reviews, complete Mental Capacity Assessments and DOLS applications and be part of the transition’s duty rota.
- Provide a person centred and strengths-based approach.
- Work within and demonstrate compliance with appropriate legislative frameworks, e.g. Human Rights Acts 2000, Mental Health Acts 1983 and 2007, Mental Capacity Act 2005, and Care Act 2014.
- Assess the needs of Service Users and Carers within a person-centred approach to clearly identify and fully understand the nature and level of their individual needs and risks.
- Facilitate timely hospital discharge for service users where applicable.
- Develop Support Plans/Care Plans with Service Users and Carers to ensure their assessed needs are met, through an integrated approach with health colleagues, other agencies and community resources, in a manner which promotes and maintains the Service Users and Carers independence.
- Review individual Support Plans and Care Plans to ensure the assessed needs of Service Users and Carers are being met.
What we are looking for in a Transitions Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.