Social Worker – Gateshead – Children In Care
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an Experienced Children’s Social Worker to join our client’s team in Gateshead.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a Children’s Social Worker who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of this Children Social Worker – Social Worker role:
- Hybrid working available
- Manageable caseloads
- £157.41 per hour
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Children Social Worker – Social Worker:
- Provide professional leadership, specialist social work practice skills and knowledge to make independent decisions and support situations, in which risk of significant harm, ambiguity or complexity is greatest.
- Through the intervention of assessment, identify and respond to needs, build on strengths, ensuring that analysis is robust and leads to clear outcomes that can be met through appropriate SMART plans.
- Demonstrate good analytical, interviewing and observational skills, to ensure the voice of the child is heard and is used to inform all assessments, decision making and interventions.
- Using the Family Safeguarding model, engage with children, young people, and their families to develop effective and empowering working relationships which facilitate change and improve outcomes for children and young people
- To ensure legislation and statutory guidance is adhered to and challenge decisions where appropriate.
As a Child and Family Social Worker you will be responsible for working to keep children in need of help and protection or in public care safe. You will work directly with the child or young person and their family or carer to build a working relationship that facilitates meaningful and sustainable change whilst maintaining the focus on risk.
Essential requirements of this Children Social Worker – Social Worker role:
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It has been used to draw up the advert and will also be used in the shortlisting and interview process for this post.
They will take a whole family approach to child protection to keep more children safely at home with their families you will also be required to have the legal right to work in the UK.
Why work with Liquid?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*