Social Worker – Lambeth – Adult Physical Disability and Older People Team
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Social Worker to join a busy Adult Physical Disability and Older People Team based in Lambeth.
You will promote positive change in people’s lives by using social work methods, models and tools, with the aims of helping them to be as independent as possible and to manage risks of abuse and neglect.
What’s in it for you as a Social Worker?
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- To manage a caseload of people with care and support needs and carers with support needs.
- To carry out assessments of the care and support needs of people, and the support needs of carers of people with care and support needs, and for these to be done in line with the expectations of the Care Act 2014 and the regulations and statutory guidance that go with it.
- To work with people to plan how their care and support needs or, in the case of carers, their support needs might be met. This will involve identifying eligible needs and needs that will be met by the local authority.
- To carry out financial assessments relating to care and support services, or make sure these are done.
- Giving people who may have care and support needs or who are carers information about any likely cost of services, welfare rights entitlements, and any other relevant information and advice
- Where working with a person whose care and support plan, or support plan for a carer, involves services provided or arranged by the local authority, to make the arrangements for these to be put in place.
- Subject to having had the necessary training, to assess and arrange provision of simple equipment, items of assistive technology and minor adaptations for people with care and support needs. To advise on or oversee installation and use and to undertake reviews of these.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.