Social Worker – Medway – Disabilities Team
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children with Disabilities Team based in Medway.
This is an exciting time to join the Children’s Social Care Service based in Medway and be part of their improvement journey. The team have realigned their services and increased staffing capacity to ensure staff feel supported to achieve the best outcomes for our children, young people and families.
The team have also invested in learning and development to relaunch a new career progression framework whilst also in the process of embedding Signs of Safety as the relationship based practice model.
Benefits as a Children with Disabilities Social Worker:
- £3,000 Retention
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discount
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Duties as a Children with Disabilties Social Worker:
- Work with families who have complex problems and where statutory intervention is required under the guidance of line management.
- Work in a strengths-based way using relational practice with children and families to promote a high challenge/high support environment and create a culture that delivers the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Ensure children and their families receive the right level of support at the right time.
- Ensure that the diverse needs of children, young people and their families are identified, met and regularly reviewed and plans updated to reflect any subsequent changes.
- Provide an efficient and effective social work service to children in need of support and their families. Working as part of a multi-agency team with children, young people and their families and providing support so that vulnerable children can remain within their families wherever possible.
What we are looking for as a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work