Social Worker – Milton Keynes – Mental Health Team
We are currently recruiting for experienced Social Workers to join a progressive and strengths based Mental Health Social Care Team.
The successful Social Workers will have experience of working in a mental health setting within adult social care.
As a Social Worker, you will also have a good knowledge of current legal frameworks such as the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005, and the Mental Health Act 1983. You will have post qualification experience of being a Best Interest Assessor or an Approved Mental Health professional or a Practice Teachers award. In turn you will receive an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop professionally, with an extensive training portfolio for both qualified social workers and Approved Mental Health Practitioners.
Your benefits as a Social Worker:
- Generous starting salary
- Excellent training and progression opportunities
- Golden Hello of £3,000 (Depending on eligibility)
- Flexible working
What will you be doing as a Social Worker in Milton Keynes?
- Operate within a sound understanding and application of current legal frameworks such as the Care Act, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act
- Ensure that social care practice within Mental Health is well embedded and meets all statutory and practice requirements
- Provide the professional lead in cases and support unqualified workers in their practice
- Assess the needs of adults. Providing clear evidence which fairly and accurately determines the level of need and outcomes identified in partnership with the person
- Ensure that any interventions or services support the service user in way that enhances their independence, choices, and wellbeing
- Monitor and review support plans, and services to ensure that eligible needs are met in a way that the person has determined
- Participate in supervisory meetings with team manager and/or a senior member of staff on a regular basis ensuring that the line manager is adequately informed about cases and practice.
- Support and/or undertake Safeguarding investigations and other specialist assessments specific to the service area and level of training and career grade of the post holder
- Work closely with other agencies and services in a co-operative way, sharing information and planning care together to meet the needs of the adult holistically
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of resources to meet identified outcomes proportionate to levels of need and eligibility
- Provide supervision and support to students and other staff where appropriate to skills and experience
Essential requirements for this Social Worker role:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work