Social Worker – Newport – Family and Friends Team
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Children’s Social Worker to join our clients Family and Friends Team in Newport.
Your role will include assessing and reviewing the support needs of both the children and the carers you are working with, and where required, you will need to attend Court to ensure the most appropriate order is in place to meet a child(ren)s needs. The team will also be responsible for the completion of regulation 26 assessments on a duty rota basis.
Your benefits as a Social Worker:
- Up to £38 per hour
- Stable and supportive management team
- Regular supervision and support
- Flexible working available (social workers can work from home, but will be required to undertake home visits in person, and may be required to attend the office for some office days or team training)
The successful Social Worker will have the following:
- You will have excellent assessment skills and the ability to engage with service users effectively, with a focus on the safety and wellbeing of children.
- You will be skilled in developing and sustaining effective multi-agency working across a range of professional groups. You will be involved in the development of the new team and will be highly motivated, focused on providing high quality, timely and effective assessments with children and families and have good organisational and time management skills. You will be part of a highly supportive environment and have good access to training and development opportunities.
- You will ideally have experience of working with Special Guardianship and Kinship care arrangements, but the client is more than happy to consider candidates with a strong Child Protection background.
- The role would include supporting carers and children where an order has been granted, seeking to discharge Care Orders where appropriate and to support on our duty rota.
Essential requirements of this Senior Social Worker role:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience in Children’s Services
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.