Social Worker – Northamptonshire – Long Term Children in Care
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Long Term Children in Care Team based in Northamptonshire.
As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for complex cases, ensuring children’s safety and supporting them towards independence, while fulfilling the council’s obligations as a corporate parent. You will also be involved in permanency planning for children, ensuring their holistic needs are met in their long-term placement
Your benefits as a Long Term Children in Care Social Worker:
- Excellent starting salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Recruitment bonus of £4,000
- Flexible working
- Training and progression
Your duties as a Long Term Children in Care Social Worker:
- Assess, plan, review and provide support to a child, family or carer with complex family or social care needs, taking full account of appropriate legal frameworks, policy, and guidance
- Work collaboratively, building effective working relationships with other professionals, internally and externally.
- Carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses to safeguard a child from abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
- Arrange appropriate alternative care (including, where appropriate a permanent home) in collaboration with children, young people, and their parents/carers where the parents/carers cannot care for them.
- Maintain up to date, accurate and high-quality records of activity on cases.
- Participate in a range of planning and decision-making forums including case discussions, Strategy Meetings, Legal Planning meetings, Child Protection Conferences, Statutory Reviews
- Write court reports and give evidence in relation to children at risk during legal proceeding.
Your requirements as a Long Term Children in Care Social Worker:
- Qualified Social Worker, with a valid Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience in Children’s Services