Social Worker – Portsmouth – Safeguarding Team
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an Experienced Social Worker to join our client’s team in Portsmouth.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a Social Worker who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of this Social Worker – Safeguarding Team role:
- Hybrid working available
- Manageable caseloads
- £35.61 per hour
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a Social Worker – Safeguarding Team:
- To provide a duty service by accepting referrals, initial assessment of children in need and assessing appropriate services. Providing advice and information to meet their needs in partnership with their parents.
- Contributing to the development of team and ensuring users are provided with an effective service regardless of race, gender, and disability and in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Participating in individual and group supervision and training, to ensure that team performance standards are met, and individual professional skills and knowledge base are developed.
- Keeping written records in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- To work flexible hours inclusive of unsocial hours according to the needs and requirements to achieve the most effective service and fulfil statutory requirements.
- To commit to the protection and safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and value and respect their views and needs.
To participate in the effective delivery of community-based services to Children and Families and be responsible for contributing to assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating action on treatment; negotiating for and co-ordinating the application of resources and seeking modifications of behaviour when required, particularly in relation to children in need and the child protection arena.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker – Safeguarding Team role:
The Council reserves the right to add, amend or otherwise alter the responsibilities and duties shown in this job description provided that those changes are commensurate with the status and grading of the post.
They will take a whole family approach to child protection to keep more children safely at home with their families you will also be required to have the legal right to work in the UK.
Why work with Liquid?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*