Social Worker – Rhondda Cynon Taf – Enquiry & Assessment
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Enquiry and Assessment Team based in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Working at Rhondda Cynon Taf Children’s Services, you will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, as well as an extensive range of learning and development opportunities.
The team strive to do everything they can to ensure that they protect your wellbeing, and you have a positive work/life balance. All practitioners are supported by a strong, experienced management team both at strategic and operational levels.
What’s in it for you as a Social Worker?
- The right to request flexible working and we have supportive policies for parents which include enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity pay. We also work in an agile way, which enables you to work from both home and the office.
- Access to our Occupational Health Unit and CARI, our new digital confidential wellbeing tool.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service. There is also an option to purchase additional annual leave to a maximum of 10 days (pro rata) per year.
- A generous Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Access to our dedicated in-house Learning and Development Centre, which actively supports practitioners at each level to maintain their skills and Continuous Professional Development.
- Programme to support practitioner wellbeing in RCT Children’s Services, with the focus of nurturing supportive resilient teams.
What will you be doing as an Enquiry & Assessment Social Worker in Rhonda Cynon Taf?
- Evaluate the nature of possible needs based on referral information and any previous records
- Undertake assessments in line with current legislation.
- Make enquiries, e.g. inter-agency contact.
- Engage in direct work with children, adults, and carer/s to carry out a proportionate assessment.
- Working with children, adults and carers, social workers seek to enhance their problem-solving capabilities in a way that support maximum independence and choice
- Ensuring that case file recording is completed in accordance with departmental procedures and policy.
- Convening and/or attending inter-agency meetings/liaison, e.g. Child or Adult Protection Conferences, CLA Reviews and strategy meetings.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
- Social Care Wales registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work