Social Worker – Rochdale – Child Protection and Care Proceedings
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Social Worker to work in the Child Protection and Care Proceedings Teams based in Rochdale.
In this role you should expect a range of work from Child in Need to Adoption which gives workers a really good opportunity to gain experience across these areas.
What’s in it for you as a Social Worker?
- Monthly reflective supervision and also peer supervision that is led by our APs
- Flexible hours and flexible working arrangements including part time or condensed hours.
- There is a mix of working from home and office work. Presence in the office isn’t required every day which saves on travel and parking expenses.
- Modern, award winning office building in the centre of Rochdale with easy access to shops (and excellent coffee).
- When agency workers join with us they almost always stay and often choose to become permanent employees. People really like working in Rochdale and quickly feel part of the service. Do you offer supervision?
- Caseloads are lower than in many authorities – an experienced agency social worker would be expected to have 20-22 children at present.
Your main responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- Ensure that children/young people are consulted and participate in their looked after children reviews, conferences, and meetings.
- Undertake management reviews of individual cases as and when required and to audit cases on themes identified to ensure quality and safety or practice.
- Be responsible for the decision making at conferences and reviews ensuring that there is a framework for reviewing compliance with the plans made.
- Drive good practice and quality assurance through quality assuring the effectiveness and impact of interventions on children and young people with a Child Protection Plan.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.